Sep 5, 2007

My Deepest Apologies To Mike Frank

Dear Mike Frank,

After my subscription to Irish Eyes was ended this summer I did some debating on my next move. You see, I wasn't too keen on the idea of MySpace.com buying Scout.com out and I started lurking over at Irish Illustrated. I was wowed by that evil temptress Ashley Carter and her evil Rivals minute. I saw a ton of video... and I wanted it. I wanted it all. The headlines were so enticing on the Irish Illustrated front page... "Master List: Offense" and so forth. I needed to know what that list was and it was denied to me a non-premium member. The Main Rivals page for recruiting and college football were the tipping point.

So I quickly grabbed the credit card and purchased a year subscription. I was instantly gratified and thought I would think of you no longer. And then I started to notice some things that seemed... a bit odd. Where were the MAC schools? So I posted on the message board at II about the MAC. Oddly enough no one stepped up to the plate to answer me... no one. Isn't there a Pete and Jack that impersonates Mike Frank on this site? That was just the tip of the iceberg. The message board is appalling. Posters are rude and unintelligent on football and how it is played. (There are some who are fantastic and it makes me wonder why they are even there). I am really unhappy and pissed off. I feel like I was cheated. I will not be renewing my subscription in a year with those imposter's and will never doubt or leave Irish Eyes again (unless you do). If I can sneak a subscription in before my year is up with Rivals without my wife noticing, I will, but you know how wives can be.

I received your e-mail asking why I did not renew and if there was anything you could do to sway me back. This is my reply: I miss you. I miss Irish Eyes and all of its wonderment's that a premium membership to her site brings. I am sorry Mike. I miss you like a child misses its blanket.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on back. We'll take care of you.

mikefrank18@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Subway, I can't ever be an MF fan, goes back to a tiff at DD last year. As for the Vids, awesome but I know that not one of them I could take to visit my Mom if she were alive. For that mmatter not one of them i could trust leaving at home when i went off to work.

Anonymous said...

As a member of both sites, I have to agree 100% with you.

II is a decent site, but the message boards feel like a junior high cafeteria. IE does not tolerate immature posters. That, and Mike Frank actually responds to questions--amazing concept.

While II does a better job with the videos, it sucks watching a 30 second commercial to view each 1 minute clip.

Long live Mike Frank.