Aug 11, 2008

Blogpoll Preseason Top 25

The final voting will be tabulated on Monday August 18th, but here is the ballot cast by Subway Domer.

RankTeamDelta
1Ohio State 25
2Oklahoma 24
3Georgia 23
4Southern Cal 22
5Missouri 21
6Clemson 20
7Florida 19
8West Virginia 18
9Texas Tech 17
10Texas 16
11Brigham Young 15
12LSU 14
13Auburn 13
14Tennessee 12
15Arizona State 11
16Oregon 10
17Wake Forest 9
18Wisconsin 8
19Kansas 7
20South Florida 6
21Virginia Tech 5
22Fresno State 4
23Utah 3
24Pittsburgh 2
25Notre Dame 1

Dropped Out:

If you have any comments or would like to see any changes to the poll, please let me know and I will give it some consideration. I still have almost a week to change my ballot, but I do feel pretty strongly about the choices.
Blogpoll is run by Brian Cook at MgoBlog and has voters from all over the blogosphere.

4 comments:

Proud Knight said...

I like the Irish just as much as anyone else on here, but Dude, come on, you can no way in good faith, put the Irish in a Top 25 poll yet!

SubwayDomer26 said...

Actually I can put the Irish in at #25. Phil Steele has them at #19 in his preseason top 40 and also has them at #24 in his power poll.
That's good enough for me.
Call me Spurrier if that doesn;t work for you. At least I didn't put Eastern Michigan at #25...

Proud Knight said...

It's always good to be optimistic, but we haven't seen them play yet, and a win over SDSU on Sept. 6 still won't put the Irish in the Top 25. I'm not even sure if a 2-0 start will do that.

All I'm saying is that is very premature to put ND in a Top 25. The reason Phil Steele did that is to sell his magazine. If you can't see that, then I don't know what to say.

Anyway, I like your enthusiasm.

SubwayDomer26 said...

To tell you the truth, I haven't seen anyone play yet! Shit. What week is it?

Steele doesn't need to rate ND high to sell mags. His rag is the best in the industry. Preseason polls matter very little in the grand scope anyways.

But, you are of course entitled to your own opinion as much as anyone else. But if ND does win its first 2 games they will be in the top 25.