The 2009 college football season is rapidly approaching- as is the epic battle of "Subway Domer's 'There Can Be Only One' College Football Pick-Em Contest." I have 5 spots remaining to the first 5 people to email me at email@example.com with your Division 1-AA or lower team name.
I have also made a few tweaks to the contest, and wanted to post all of the rules once again to avoid future confusion by some of you.
- Shortly after the AP poll comes out, I will e-mail the games to pick for the week.
- The picks will also be posted here at Subway Domer for posterity. (The Subway Domer Contest Page is no longer in use. All posts will be on Subway Domer and e-mail.)
- The games will consist of all top 10 teams, Notre Dame, and other big games. In all, there will be about 14 games a week.
- If a top 10 team is playing a Div. 1-AA team, that game will be replaced by another game. I don't believe in the 1-A VS. 1-AA bullshit.
- All picks are to be e-mailed to me no later than an hour before the first played game on the list is scheduled to kickoff. This could be on a Thursday, or a Friday.
- IMPORTANT: All e-mailed picks are to have your designated team names attached to them. If your team name is not with your picks- the consequences may be severe.
- If you do not send your picks, I will automatically give you the home team in each contest as a mulligan. The second time- you will be out of the contest all together.
- Once again, the scoring: Correct picks are worth 2 points. A correct pick between two top ten teams is worth 4 points. If you pick the underdog to win in any game and the underdog wins, it is worth an additional 4 points on top of the 2 or 4 points you were already rewarded.
- The weekly prizes are officially a go. The highest point total for the week is the winner. if there is a tie, the winner will go to the player with the most correct picks. The second tie-breaker will be your overall points. The third will be a coin flip by me.
- In the past, I had a separate web page for this contest. No more. All updates and scoring and whatever else coincides with this contest will be posted on Subway Domer. Also, once you are registered, you will be in an e-mail group and you will receive e-mail updates as well.
- The winner (announced after the conference title games) will have his/her choice of 2 t-shirts from a large selection. The shirt selections will be posted in a day or so. Here is a link to the choices from last year. OC Domer won the Bowl Pick-Em two years in a row, and asked me to put a donation at the Grotto in lieu of a shirt each time. So you have that option as well. ( I am still working on the new shirts. If you would like to purchase a Subway Domer shirt from my store, check this link out.)
That's really about all I have right now. Any questions can be asked on the comment section of this post, or at my e-mail. Now, a video for Trent and Tony.