If you didn't know by now, Mike Frank has made the move from Scout.com/Irish Eyes to Irish Sports Daily, an ESPN affiliate. Nice job Mike.
Occasionally I'll post a good quote, or an entire post, from any number of Notre Dame message boards here at Subway Domer. (As long, of course, as it is not "premium" information). The following is a post from the aforementioned Irish Sports Daily by the member KenND. If his facts hold up, it will be more like a rabbit hunt than a wolf hunt come September...
- 2008 record: 7-6.
- The only common opponent with ND in 2008 was Hawaii. Nevada lost 38-31.
- Nevada's wins: Grambling State, UNLV, Idaho, Utah State, Fresno State, San Jose State, Louisiana Tech.
- Average ranking of Nevada's opponents in total defense, not including Grambling State: 76
- Record against BCS teams: 0-3.
- Average score in the three losses against BCS teams: 48-23 (Texas Tech, Missouri, Maryland).
- Record against Top 25 teams: 0-3.
- Average score in the three losses against Top 25 teams: 48-23 (Texas Tech, Missouri, Boise State).
- Average win-loss record of the teams that Nevada beat, not including Grambling State: 5-7.
- Record against Bowl teams: 2-5 (wins were against Fresno State and Louisiana Tech).