Dec 19, 2006

Poinsettia Preview...PS2 Doesn't Lie







The Bowl Bonanza begins tonight with the first annual Poinsettia Bowl (I will save you all from using all the sponsors for these postseason bashes), and like a lot of other suckers out there around the country I will be glued to the tube awaiting the outcome of this game that is sure to be a barn burner. I will be going head-to-head with my Playstation2 for all the games this year so be sure to keep checking up and make fun of me as I will probably go down in flames.

  • Subway Domer----- TCU 33 NI 24...... I am taking the TCU Horned Frogs for no better reason than I love their name. Actually, I also like their defense and the QB, Ballard, has been on somewhat of a roll lately. Remember TCU was a team that was supposed to contend for a BCS berth and NI didn't win their division in...wait for it...the MAC.
  • PS2---------------- TCU 28 NI 24.... This was a great game! NI led 17-7 after 3 quarters but TCU came back to take the lead with 2 minutes left 21-17. Then with 39 ticks NI scores to go up 24-21. But it didn't stop there. The first play from scrimmage for TCU and an 85 yard bomb ensues to nail down the victory.

Final Score- TCU 37 NI 7... Never even close. Ballard was a beast and accounted for 4 TD, 3 were rushing.

Next Up... BYU VS. Oregon in the Las Vegas Bowl

No comments: