With the season over and recruiting at a frenzy, now is the time for the 2007 College Football Blogger Awards. These awards honor those who risk marriage and career to do what they do best... spew endlessly their non-stop bullshit about college football and their specific team onto a web page that will be seen by hundreds of lurkers from around the globe. It's fantastic.
I direct you now to EDSBS to find out on how to vote, and they will have a complete list of the categories. Also, Brian Cook has made a nomination gizmo that blog readers should use as a voting tool. So even though I can't vote for myself, I can bribe all of my readers to go and vote for me. I'll say something nice about your mom if you do.
Here are Subway Domer's votes with complete bias towards Fighting Irish blogs (Except for Subway Domer. Rule #1 is no voting for one's own site) I will nominate more than one blog in some categories as the rules imply...
- Every Day Should Be Saturday. This is a hands down winner. Pissing yourself while reading edsbs.com is not an uncommon affair.
- Fire Mark May. If you ever wondered about the whereabouts of Trev Alberts and want to see a one-eye Quinn, this is your site. Groundbreaking in its interviews.
- Pitch Right. A Navy blog. Adam always puts together fine pieces of analysis. Sadly, this site is shutdown by the writer for having bigger priorities. But, just because Heath Ledger is dead, doesn't mean someone won't give him an award for something.
- Blue-Gray Sky. They will be mentioned a few times.
- Irish Glory.
- Sunday Morning Quarterback.
Best MSM Blog. (Pro Journalist)
- Irish Insights by Michael Rothstein. Great hair too.
Best Looking Blog.
The Job Award (The blog that has suffered through its chosen team’s dismal season with the most dignity).
- Blue-Gray Sky. Seriously, anyone who says otherwise is a dumb ass. Nebraska does not have the national following that ND has or the media attention. BGS handled this year with a touch of grace that I could never know. I threw shit and sat in a corner and cried for most of the season.
- EDSBS. Their live show is absolutely kick ass. Give Me A Fucking Siren!!!
- Oldie Olderson. I'm not sure if this qualifies, but no one does a highlight film better. Not even Chuck Norris.
Best ACC Blog.
Best Big East/Notre Dame Blog.
Best Big Ten Blog.
Best Big 12 Blog.
Best Pac 10 Blog.
Best SEC Blog.
- Fuck the SEC.
Best Non-BCS Blog.
MNC (Mythical National Champ)
There's mine. Now go vote and make sure to do it before the stroke of midnight on Sunday.